Modern Rugs are a great way to add a contemporary spark to your living room. Our collection of Modern rugs have a unique variety of different colours, tones, textures & patterns that is suitable for any living space and will add a touch of modern elegance to your home. We offer Free Shipping Australia Wide on all orders.
Regular vacuuming can reduce the abrasive action of soil and grit from the pile and should take place even when the rug does not look overly dirty. A good quality vacuum cleaner is recommended to remove dust and dirt from a shagpile or high pile rug. We suggest avoiding powerful vacuums or power heads as stiff bristles and strong suction can damage the pile.
CLEAN SPILLS & SPOTS IMMEDIATELY
The prompt removal of stains/soil marks is necessary to maintain your rugs appearance. If stains are not dealt with immediately they may become permanent and even a professional cleaner may be unable to help. Spills should be cleaned immediately. Never rub a spill, instead blot any liquids with a dry absorbent white cloth or white paper towel. Some stains may be cleaned with a mild detergent and lukewarm water. If the stain cannot be removed, like a paint, nail polish, shoe polish, seek specialist advice. Do not machine wash rugs.
CLEANING WOOL & POLYESTER RUGS
Please follow the below steps for cleaning our wool and polyester rugs:
- Scoop up solids and gently lift off as much of the foreign material as possible.
- Blot out as much liquid as possible, with absorbent white paper towel.
- Clean with appropriate cleaning agents and ensure you never apply detergent directly to a rug. Always test any detergent/cleaning solutions on an inconspicuous area of your rug first and if any damage is noticed from the cleaning product, the cleaning solution should not be used. Do not continue to use it if colour lifts off when blotted with a white paper towel or if a watermark remains on the rug from the cleaning product.
- Blot dry or dry using a cold air fan.
- Do not rub or scrub rugs as it can cause permanent pile damage/disruption.
CLEANING ARTSILK RUGS
Because of the delicate nature of the artsilk fibres (artificial silk/viscose fibre), cleaning requires a gentler approach than our standard wool rugs. Abrasive cleaning will easily damage an artsilk rug, and extra care must be taken to ensure that any cleaning is effective, yet safe. Regular gentle vacuuming will remove any dust and debris. If you act on a stain as soon as it occurs, you may be able to reduce permanent damage.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE BELOW STEPS FOR CLEANING OUR ARTSILK RUGS
- Scoop up solid spills with a spoon and discard, though care should be taken not to scrape the rug itself. Any scraping or sharp friction of this sort can potentially damage the fibres.
- A liquid spill, as well as any remaining liquid from a solid spill, should be gently pressed with a clean, white cloth or paper towel to absorb as much as possible.
- If the spill’s colour remains on rug, use a very gentle cleaner. Ensure you never apply detergent directly to rug. Always test any detergent/cleaning solutions on an inconspicuous area of your rug first. If any damage is noticed from the cleaning product, the cleaning solution should not be used. Do not continue to use it if colour lifts off when blotted with white paper towel, or if a watermark remains on rug from the cleaning product.
- Gently blot dry or let the area air dry. Do not use heat to dry the rug.
- Do not rub or scrub rugs as it may cause permanent pile damage/disruption.
SUNLIGHT & FADING
Placing rugs in direct and continuous sunlight will cause them to fade. It is best to avoid placing a rug in direct sunlight if possible, and to regularly rotate your rug if sunlight is falling on one area of the rug. Fading will happen slowly over time, and this bleaching effect will permanently damage your rug. It occurs more obviously with darker coloured rugs and natural fibres.
ROTATING YOUR RUG
Try to rotate your rug every 6-12 months to ensure even wear.
Be aware that some heavy furniture can mark and flatten the pile in rugs, causing irreversible damage. Some heavy or sharp edged furniture pieces, or constant moving of furniture, can pull the rug out of shape so it appears less square.
GET YOUR RUG CLEANED PROFESSIONALLY EVERY YEAR
Try to have your rugs professionally cleaned once every 6-12 months, using a professional carpet/rug cleaner. Professional cleaning should be carried out only by a reputable company, and they should avoid using any shampoos or cleaners with a spirit base.
MANUFACTURING VARIATIONS / CHARACTERISTICS OF OUR WOOL RUGS
Our rugs are individually handmade and hand woven and as such they are subject to the following manufacturing variations, which are not considered faults or defects:
Being a handmade article, the size can vary by approximately 3% from the size ordered.
Our products are made primarily from natural and hand dyed fibres. Every effort is made to ensure there is minimal colour variation however some variation can be expected between dye lots.
Placing rugs in direct and continuous sunlight will cause them to fade. Dark coloured products will fade more obviously in natural light or sunlight. Some colour may transfer on light coloured surfaces. Rotate your rug to minimize damage caused by natural light.
DESIGN & CONSTRUCTION
Minor variations may be evident in the design and construction, including line or weave thickness, which is due to the fact that the product is a handmade item.
Shading may occur due to changes in pile and weave direction. Areas of the rug may appear to have changed colour where the pile is facing a different direction. This is a natural effect in the rug and cannot be prevented.
Often new rugs begin to produce fluff as a result of loose fibres that remain in the rug after the manufacturing process. This is not a fault of the rug, but a standard characteristic of woollen rugs. With regular vacuuming this will reduce over time.
Pilling can occur due to traffic, moving of furniture, vacuuming or other mechanical agitation. This can be carefully trimmed with scissors.
Occasionally loose yarn ends will rise above the pile surface. This is a characteristic of the type of weave, and all hand tufted rugs, not a manufacturing fault. The loose yarns can be carefully trimmed or pushed through.
Hi online shoppers, we are super excited this season as we are adding a new summer inspired collection. Don't forget our free shipping on all orders plus our money back guarantee. That's right simply if you do not love your rug, send it back no questions asked!
Happy Shopping :)